Dual Sided Kitchen Counter Pop Up Outlet
Select the best when it comes to kitchen electrical devices with the Hubbell RCT220BZE 20Amp Surface Mount Pop Up Outlet. The RCT220BZE is a part of the new line of Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems in counter pop up outlets. This unit features a dual sided tamper resistant pop up receptacle, 20Amp / 125 Voltage rating, and a spill proof rating of up to a 64oz, that's a half gallon of milk!
To Install the RCT220BZE:
- Cut a 3 1/2" Round hold into your counter
- Hard wire the unit to the bottom of the pop up (must be fed by a GFCI protected circuit)
- Drop the unit into the pre-cut hole
- Secure the unit via the tightening locking nut to the underside of the counter.
- Always consult with a licensed electrician prior to cutting a hole into your counter top
- Make sure there is enough space below the counter for the device and electrical wiring
- This pop up can accept non-metallic sheathed cable/ Metal conduit using a wire clamp / 1/2" knockout
Quick Specs on the Unit:
- Top of unit is 4" round
- Features 2 Outlets both 20 Amp rated
- Unit is spill proof protected in both the up and down position
- Bezel thickness = 0.9"
- Height of unit when popped up = 1.69" above countertop
- Depth under counter = 3.52"
- Works in counters between 0.56" - 2.13" in thickness
Why buy a Hubbell?
Because spills happen these kitchen counter outlets have been designed with a spill rating to up to 64oz. These pop up receptacles fit perfectly into a kitchen island, work space, counter top, or really any indoor location where spills and splash may occur. These Pop-up receptacles provide power for all your kitchen appliances and are designed for use in compliance with NEC 406.5. UL tested and water resistant to a half gallon spill.
Commonly Asked Questions:
- Does this unit feature USB Charging outlets so I can charge my mobile phone? No - This unit only features 2 20Amp Tamper Resistant Receptacle Outlets.
- Can I use my heavy duty kitchen devices with this unit? Yes! - By offering a 20 Amp rated outlets, this unit provides enough power for even the most power hungry kitchen devices.
- I am not sure if I like the color, are there other color options? Yes! - The Hubbell RCT Series of pop up outlets comes in 7 different finishes to match your kitchen remodel: Aluminum, Chrome, Nickel, White, Black, Brass, and Brown
- I want the unit to sit flush with my counter top, is that an option? Yes! - We offer both Surface and Flush Mount installation options.
- My electrician is worried these will not pass code, are the units UL Listed? Yes! - Please look under our downloads section for the UL Listed pdf to download.
- I have children and/or grandchildren that help me in the kitchen, is this outlet safe for use around kids? Yes! - While it is always best to have adults plug and unplug kitchen devices, these units feature Tamper Resistant Outlets which help reduce the risk of injury by preventing foreign objects from making electrical contact. In addition these units are Spill Rated to up to a half gallon of liquid being spilled on them in either the open or closed position.
- Why is one outlet right side up and the other upside down? The upside down outlet is designed that way to be used with certain kitchen appliances that have larger 3 pronged outlet molding on the end of their plugs.
- Can I use this pop up outlet outside? No - These units are designed for indoor applications only and are not rated for use as an outdoor power receptacle.
Safely protecting you and your home
Safety with Style is what makes Hubbell products shine above the rest. Their range of products feature items like GFCI receptacles to provide the best in people and fire protection, minimizing worry about shocks and electrical fires. In addition most products offer Tamper-resistant receptacles to reduce the risk of injury by preventing foreign objects from making electrical contact.
The Hubbell RCT220BZE Surface Mount Kitchen Counter Pop Up Outlet features the following safety features and certifications:
- Tamper Resistant Receptacles
- UL and cULus listed to UL498, Section 146
- Curcuit Rating 20 amp non-feed through
- Dielectric Voltage Withstands 2,000V minimum
- Terminal Identification Terminals identified in accordance with UL 498 and CSA
- Flammability UL 94V-2
- Operating Temperature Maximum continuous 75°C, minimum -40°C (w/o impact)
**Please consult with your local electrician/inspector before purchasing and installing this unit**